Being the first North Goa beach that can be accessed from the Goa international Airport, Candolim is lively with numerous high-end shacks, pubs, bars and luxury hotels & resorts. If you are looking for fun and entertainment, this is place to be as there are plenty of activities to keep you occupied around the area. I personally do not like the beach as it is crowded, but there are some secluded parts of the beach which have fewer people.
- Sunday Brunch at La Brise– Located bang on the Candolim Beach, this sea facing opulent “shack “is one of its kind with a great view, good ambiance, delicious food and friendly service. Head there for an elaborate Sunday brunch, regular night dinner or late lunch and Sangria for sunset, it a place which will set you in a good mood.
- Monday Jazz nights at Cantare– Located just away from Candolim and near the Calangute Police station, it is a must visit if you are in Goa on a Monday. Head to this pub for some good live Jazz & Blues music and upbeat crowd.
- Wednesdays at Cohiba- About 2.5 km from Candolim is The Fort Aguada area where you find this lively music bar with buzzing crowd. This is a place where you can dance the night way to live bands and ace cocktails.
- Fort Aguada– Just about 5 kms from Candolim is the Ancient Portuguese fort with a breathtaking view, close to the old lighthouse and the jail. For a risk-taker like me, I suggest a post midnight chilly Enfield ride for an uncanny experience.
- Warren Tricomi Spa and Salon– Enjoy the a break from the heavy partying scene at this international chain of Spa located in Grand Mercure Shrem Resort at Candolim. Know More..
- Party- The scene is always bustling in and around Candolim as it is close to the more commercial beaches like Calangute and Baga. There are a couple of happening party places in the candolim- sinquerim road like SinQ etc
- Yacht Cruise– If you have a big group, you can rent out a yacht at the Goa yatch Club and have a private boat party on the Britona River which is just 11 km from Candolim.
Where to Stay:
There are plenty of options of 5 star hotels, guest houses and boutique hotels on Candolim. I suggest to take up a luxury villa at Casa Azure, just 5 minutes walk from isolated part of the beach, which is the best part as you get to enjoy the noise of Candolim along with spending some peaceful time at the beach. They have plenty of 3 bhk, 2 bhk, or even 1 bhk villas to fit in any group. Bikes are the best way of getting around this place.